|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (102) - FEBRUARY, 2022 - Pages: 67-75
The methodological issues of questionnaire survey in the environmental-and-hygienic research
1 State Institution "O.M. Marz³eiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU", Kyiv
Currently, questionnaire surveys are becoming increasingly popular in the environmental- and -hygienic research. However, more often questionnaires are designed without adherence to the clear requirements developed for the questionnaire survey in sociological research, so the effectiveness of such surveys is quite low, the level of mathematical processing of the results is primitive, and the results may be unreliable.
Objective:Wesystematizedtheapproachesusedfortheorganizationofsurveyandquestionnairedesign, consideredtheircorrectnessandexpediencyintheenvironmental-and-hygienicresearch, proposedmathematicalprocessingmethodstoimprovetheefficiencyofsurveyandtoachievethereliabilityoftheresults.
The methods and approaches to the performance of survey, questionnaire design technologies, methods of mathematical processing of the survey results and analysis of data were the subject of the study.
Results: Different types of questionnaire survey were considered. The criteria of questionnaires quality were formulated. The requirements for the organization and conduction of the survey were summarized. The basic requirements to the questionnaire structure and question formulations are presented. Different answer options were considered and systematized. Various adequate methods for mathematical processing of the questionnaire result data are offered. The variantsofthesurveyperformance arepresented.
Conclusions: To increase the effectiveness of the survey, it is necessary to meet the mandatory requirements for its organization, design of the questionnaires and formulation of the questions. Obtaining of maximum information by the results of the survey is only possible with a use of adequate mathematical methods and appropriate software.Online survey is a modern way of the conduction of the environmental-and-hygienic research, which allows you to perform it quickly, efficiently, with an unlimited coverage of the population and obtain the reliable results.
ecological-and-hygienic research, questionnaire survey, formation of questionnaires, mathematical methods of result processing
1. Klayn P. Spravochnoye rukovodstvo po konstruirovaniyu testov: vvedeniye v psikhometricheskoy eproyektirovaniye [Test Design Reference Guide: An Introduction to Psychometric Design]. Kiev :Nika-Tsentr ; 1994. 283 p. (in Russian).
2. Burlachuk L. F. Slovar-spravochnikpopsikhodiagnostike [Dictionary-Reference Book on Psychodiagnostics]. 3-eizd. Sankt-Peterburg :Piter; 2007 : 688 p.(in Russian).
3. Shandala M.G., YanyshevaN.Ya., Kireyeva I.S. and AntomonovM.Yu. Osobennosti epidemiologicheskikh issledovaniy pri gigiyenicheskom reglamentirovanii khimicheskikh kantserogenov [Features of Epidemiological Studies in the Hygienic Regulation of Chemical Carcinogens]. Gigiyena i sanitariia.1986 ; 4 : 4-8 (in Russian).
4. Shapiro M.G. Klassifikatsiya metodov oprosa v sotsiologii [Classification of Survey Methods in Sociology]. Sotsialnyye ssledovaniya. 2017 ; 2 : 51-59 (in Russian).
5. Verbets V.V. Metodyka or hanizatsii ta provedennia sotsiolohichnoho doslidzhennia :Navchalno-metodychnyi posibnyk [Methods of Organization and Conduction of Sociological Research: Training Manual]. Berezno (Ukraine) ; 2008 : 231 p. (in Ukrainian).
6. PavlovaYu.O., Timruk-Skoropad K.A. and Tsizh L.M. Instrumenty dlia monitorynhu yakosti vyshchoi osvity: strukturna validyzatsiia ukrainskoi versii ankety ETLQ [Tools for the Monitoring of the Quality of Higher Education: Structural Validation of the Ukrainian Version of the ETLQ Questionnaire]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal medytsyny, biolohii ta sportu. 2021 ; 6 (2) : 196-203. (in Ukrainian). DOI : https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs06.02.196
7. Pavlova Yu.O., Fedorovych O.B., Perederii A.V. and Timruk-Skoropad K.A. Rozroblennia ukrainskoi versii indeksu nepovnopravnosti Osvestrimizhkulturna adaptatsiia ta validyzatsiia instrumenta [Development of the Ukrainian Version of the Osvestri Disability Index - Intercultural Adaptation and Validation of the Instrument].Ukrainskyi zhurnal medytsyny, biolohii ta sportu. 2021 ; 6 (3) : 300-309. (in Ukrainian). DOI : https://doi.org/10.26693/jmbs06.03.300
8. Antomonov M.Yu. [Methodology for the Formation of Complex Indicators in Environmental-and-Hygienic Research]. Gigiyena i sanitariia.1993 ; 7 :20-22 (in Russian).
9. Kalinichenko I.O., Antomonov M.Yu., Latina H.O., Tonkopei Yu.L. andZaikina H.L. Kompleksni metody kykilkisnoi otsinky zdoroviazberezhuvalnoi diialnosti zakladiv osvity [Comprehensive Methods of Quantitative Assessment of Health Activities of Educational Institutions]. Sumy (Ukraine) ; 2021 : 236 p. (in Ukrainian).
10. Antomonov M.Yu., Korobeinikov H.V., Khmelnytska I.V. and Kharkovliuk-Balakina N.V. Matematychni metody obroblennia ta modeliuvannia rezultativ eksperymentalnykh doslidzhen : navchalnyi posibnyk [Mathematical Methods for Processing and Modelingof theResults of the Experimental Research: Manual]. Kyiv :Olimpiiskaliteratura ; 2021 : 216 p. (inUkrainian).
11. Doris Baumann, Willibald Ruch. Measuring what counts in life: the development and initial validation of the fulfilled lifescale (FLS)/Front. [Psychol]. 11 2022. Ð. 1-19. DOI : https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.795931