|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (106) - MARCH, 2023 - Pages: 4-10
The difference of the concept of «diseas»" in the context of public health : (part 2 – experimental research)
Pashynska S.L.1, Antomonov M.Yu.1, Berdnyk O.V.1, Skochko T.P.1, Rudnytska O.P.1
1 State Institution "O.M. Marzіeiev Institute for Public Health of the NAMSU", Kyiv
Target. From the standpoint of public health, determine and analyze the ratio of various components of health disorders, namely biometric (disease), social (sickness), and its self-esteem (illness).
Materials and methods. The source of the initial information was the survey data of the adult population. All questionnaire questions related to three manifestations of the health disorders: "disease", "illness", "sickness. Mathematical methods were used for the integral assessment of the components of health disorders, determination of the relationship between them and analysis of the obtained results.
Results. For public health, which is the most socially oriented branch of medicine, it is extremely important to take into account not only biomedical (disease), but also social (sickness) aspects of the disease, as well as its self-esteem (illness). In this research, we considered the combination and relationship of various manifestations of the disease in Tweddle's triad, and conducted a comparative analysis of its components. It was established that the relationships between various forms of ill health depend on both the age and gender of the respondents. This must be considered, because knowledge of the ratio and relationship of the components of Tweddle's triad is necessary for the development of the most effective ways to overcome diseases and improve health. Considering the components of Tweddle's triad, namely, disease, illness and sickness, is extremely important for medicine, social policy and the health care system in general.
public health, objective and subjective health, the concept of disease, morbidity of the population
1. Boyd K.M. Disease, Illness, Sickness, Health, Healing and Wholeness: Exploring Some Elusive Concepts. Med Humanit. 2000 ; 26 (1) : 9–17. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1136/mh.26.1.9
2. Gourbin C. and Wunsch G. From Prevention to Cure which Policies for Primary Care? Bulletin de la Classe des Lettres et des Sciences Morales et Politiques. 2005; 16(1-6): 99-109. DOI : https://doi.org/10.3406/barb.2005.23700
3. Bulich E. and Muravov I. Paradoksy i problemy zdorovia ili Vozmozhna li drugaya paradigma meditsiny? : monografiya [Paradoxes and health problems or Is another paradigm of medicine possible? : monograph.]. Palmarium Academic Publishing; 2015 : 147 p. (in Russian).
4. Wills J. and Naidoo J. Foundations for Health Promotion. Elsevier; 2016 : 340 р.
5. Cho J., Martin P., Margrett J., MacDonald M. and Poon L.W. The Relationship between Physical Health and Psychological Well-Being among Oldest-Old Adults. Journal of Aging Research. 2011. Vol. 2011. DOI : https://doi.org/10.4061/2011/605041
6. Wel K., Dahl E. and Thielen K. Social Inequalities in “Sickness”: Does Welfare State Regime Type Make a Difference? A Multilevel Analysis of Men and Women in 26 European Countries. International Journal of Health Services. 2012 ; 42(2) : 235-255. DOI : https://doi.org/10.2190/HS.42.2.f
7. Horbal I.S. Відчуття суб’єктивного благополуччя як передумова та втілення психологічного здоров’я особистості. Vidchuttia subiektyvnoho blahopoluchchia yak peredumova ta vtilennia psykholohichnoho zdorovia osobystosti [Feeling of subjective well-being as a prerequisite and embodiment of psychological health of the individual]. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho derzhavnoho universytetu vnutrishnikh sprav. 2012 ; 2 (2) : 293-303 (in Ukrainian).
9. Viljanen A., Salminen M., Irjala K. et al. Subjective and Objective Health Predicting Mortality and Institutionalization: an 18-Year Population-Based Follow-up Study among Community-Dwelling Finnish Older Adults. BMC Geriatr. 2021 ; 21 : # 358. DOI : https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-021-02311-w
10. Forward S. State of the art report on Life Quality assessment in the field of transport and mobility. Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute. Linkoeping, 2003. URL : https://www.academia.edu/7421178/
11. Johnston D.V., Propper C. and Shields M.A. Comparing Subjective and Objective Measures of Health: Evidence from Hypertension for the Income/Health Gradient. Institute for the Study of Labor, IZA DP No. 2737. 2007. DOI : https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.982154
12. Berdnyk O.V., Polka N.S., Dobrianska O.V., Rudnytska O.P. and Skochko T.P. Дитяче населення крізь призму громадського здоров’я. Dytiache naselennia kriz pryzmu hromadskoho zdorovia [Child population through the prism of public health]. Kyiv : Medinform ; 2020 : 200 p. (in Ukrainian).
14. Berdnyk O.V., Skochko T.P., Dobrianska O.V. and Rudnytska О.P. Bahatovymirnist poniattia «khvoroba» u konteksti hromadskoho zdorovia (chastyna 1 – teoretychne doslidzhennia). [The Difference of the Concept of "Malady" in the Context of Public Health: (Part 1 - Analytical Research)]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment&Health). 2022. №3. С. 4-11. (in Ukrainian) DOI : https://doi.org/10.32402/dovkil2022.03.004
15. Antomonov M.Yu., Korobeinikov H.V., Khmelnytska I.V., Kharkovliuk-Balakina N.V. Математичні методи оброблення та моделювання результатів експериментальних досліджень: навчальний посібник. Matematychni metody obroblennia ta modeliuvannia rezultativ eksperymentalnykh doslidzhen: navchalnyi posibnyk [Mathematical methods of processing and modeling the results of experimental research: a study guide]. Kyiv : Olimpiiska literature ; 2021 ; 216 p. (in Ukrainian).