|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 1 (106) - MARCH, 2023 - Pages: 19-26
Psychohygienic assessment of the features of emotional burnout, asthenic and depressive states and aggression of students in the conditions of remote (on-line) education
Serheta I.V.1, Verheles T.M.1
1 National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
The aim of the work was to perform a psychohygienic assessment the characteristics of the spread of emotional burnoutís features, asthenic and depressive states and aggression of students in the conditions of the use of remote (on-line) organization of educational activities.
Materials and methods: The research was conducted on the basis of National Pyrohov Memorial Medical University. A complex of highly informative hygienic, medical-sociological and psychodiagnostic methods and the methods of statistical analysis was used.
Results: When considering the leading characteristics of emotional burnout, first of all, it was necessary to pay attention to a significant increase in the level of expression of resistance phase indicators (ū<0.05-0.01), characteristic of the organization of the educational process according to the auditorium format, against the background of completely stable expression indicators of the specified phase (p>0.05), characteristic of the organization of the educational process according to the remote format. In the course of research aimed at determining the correlates of the asthenic state, it was established that under the conditions of using the remote form of education, either a decrease in the degree of their expression was observed (young women), or the indicators stabilized at the initial level (young men). When determining the characteristics of changes in the leading correlates of depression, it was noticed that under the conditions of using the remote format of the organization of the educational process, either a significant decrease in the degree of their expression was observed (young women), or the indicators stabilized at the initial level (young men) too. During the analysis of indicators of aggressive personality manifestations, it should be noted that under the conditions of remote education, statistically significant changes were observed in the characteristics of physical aggression (p<0.05) and negativism (p<0.05).
Conclusions: In the course the research the psychohygienic assessment of the personality traits of students in the conditions of application of a remote form of organization of educational activity was carried out. It is established that in the case of use on-line learning there is a significant increase in the degree of expression of the phase of tension of emotional burnout, the stable course of the processes of formation of asthenic and depressive states, a decrease in the level of physical aggression on the background of a pronounced increase in the degree of negativism in the structure of aggressive manifestations.
students, higher education institution, remote (on-line) education, emotional burnout, asthenic state, depressive state, aggression
1. Polka N.S. and Serheta I.V. Aktualni problemy psykhohihiieny ditei i pidlitkiv: shliakhy ta perspektyvy yikh vyrishennia (ohliad literatury i vlasnykh doslidzhen) [Actual Problems of Mental Hygiene of Children and Adolescents: Ways and Prospects for Their Solution (Review of Literature and Own Research)]. Zhurnal NAMN Ukrainy. 2012 ; 18 (2) : 223-236 (in Ukrainian).
2. Holliman A.J., Martin A.J. and Collie R.J. Adaptability, Engagement, and Degree Completion: A Longitudinal Investigation of University Students. Educ. Psychol. 2018 ; 38 : 785-799. DOI : http://doi.org/10.1080/01443410.2018.1426835
3. Holliman A., Waldeck D., Jay B. et al. Adaptability and Social Support: Examining Links with Psychological Wellbeing among UK Students and Non-Students. Front. Psychol. 2021 ; 12 : 636520. DOI : http://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2021.636520.
4. Martin A.J. and Marsh H.W. Academic Resilience and Academic Buoyancy: Multidimensional and Hierarchical Conceptual Framing of Causes, Correlates, and Cognate Constructs. Oxf. Rev. Educ. 2009 ; 35 : 353-370. DOI : http://doi.org/10.1080/03054980902934639.
7. Serheta I.V., Bratkova O.Yu. and Serebrennikova O.A. Naukove obgruntuvannia hihiienichnykh pryntsypiv profilaktyky rozvytku donozolohichnykh zrushen u stani psykhichnoho zdorovia uchniv suchasnykh zakladiv serednoi osvity (ohliad literatury i vlasnykh doslidzhen) [Scientific Substantiation of the Hygienic Principles of Preventing the Development of Prenosological Changes in the State of Studentsí Mental Health in Modern Institutions of Secondary Education (Review of Literature and Own Research)]. Zhurnal NAMN Ukrainy. 2022 ; 28(1) : 306-326. (in Ukrainian). DOI : http://doi.org/10.37621/JNAMSU-2022-1-2
8. Serheta I.V., Serebrennikova O.A., Stoian N.V., Drezhenkova I.L. and Makarova O.I. Psykhohihiienichni prynpypy vykorystannia zdoroviazberihaiuchykh tekhnolohii u suchasnykh zakladakh vyshchoi osvity [Psychohygienic Principles of Using Health-saving Technologies in Modern Institutions of Higher Education]. Dovkillia ta zdorovia (Environment&Health). 2022 ; 2 : 32-41. (in Ukrainian). DOI : https://doi.org/10.32402/dovkil2022.02.03
10. Boot C.R., Vonk P. and Meijman F.J. Health-Related Profiles of Study Delay in University Students in The Netherlands. Int J. Adolesc Med Health. 2007 ; 19 (4) : 413-423. DOI : ttps://doi.org/10.1515/IJAMH.2007.19.4.413
11. Moroz V.M., Serebrennikova O.A., Serheta I.V. and Stoian N.V. Psykhofiziolohichni ta psykhohihiienichni osnovy efektyvnoho vykorystannia zdoroviazberihaiuchykh tekhnolohii u zakladakh vyshchoi osvity [Psychophysiological and Psychohygienic Bases of Effective Using of Health-Preserving Technologies in Institutions of Higher Education]. Vinnytsia, Ukraine : TVORY; 2021 : 208 p. (in Ukrainian).
12. Changiz T., Haghani F. and Nowroozi N. Are Postgraduate Students in Distance Medical Education Program Ready for E-Learning? A Survey in Iran. J. Educ. Health Promot. 2013 ; 2 : 61. DOI : http://doi.org/10.4103/2277-9531.120862
13. Cezar D.M., Paz A.A., Costa M.R., da Pinto M.E.B. and Magalhaes C.R. Doctorsí Perceptions on Distance Education and Contribution of Family Health Specialization. Interface-Comunicacao, Saude, Educacao. 2019 ; 23 (1) : e180037. DOI : http://doi.org/10.1590/Interface.180037
15. Raygorodskiy D.Ya. (Ed.). Prakticheskaya psikhodiagnostika. Metodiki i testy [Practical Psychodiagnostic. Methodics and Tests]. Samara, RF : Bakhrakh-M ; 2011 : 667 p. (in Russian).