|Environment & Health||ISSN: 2077-7477 eISSN: 2077-7485
No: 2 (78) - 2016 - Pages: 59-62
Estimation of the health state of children and adolescent of the Lviv region
1 Lviv Danylo Halytsky National Medical University
Objective. We studied children’s and adolescent’s health state by the dynamics of the analysis of its main indicators in the Lviv region.
Materials and methods: We analyzed the indicators of the prevalence of diseases and morbidity of the children of 0-14 years of age and the adolescents of 15-17 years of age. These indicators were got from the annual reports of the indicators of health state and activities of public health institutions in the Lviv region for 2009-2013.
Results. Respiratory diseases ranked the first in the structure of the prevalence of diseases and morbidity among the children and the adolescents in the Lviv region. Diseases of endocrine and musculoskeletal systems were registered more often in the adolescents than in the children.The dynamics of general prevalence and morbidity in the children remained relatively constant, and a growth of the diseases of nervous system and neoplasm by more than 20% was registered. An increase of general prevalence of diseases by 18%, morbidity – by 13%, and a growth of all groups of diseases practically, especially mental and behavioral disorders, neoplasm were determined in adolescents. The results indicate that last years the health of children, especially of adolescents, deteriorated significantly in the Lviv region.
children, adolescents, health, morbidity, prevalence of diseases.
1. Kovalchuk A.Yu. Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys. 2014 ; 1 (99) : 29–33 (in Ukrainian).
2. Dudina O.O., Tereshchenko A.V. Visnyk sotsialnoi hihiieny ta orhanizatsii okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. 2014 ; 2 (60) : 49–57 (in Ukrainian).
3. Moiseienko R.O., Sokolovska Ya.I., Kulchytska T.K., Bukhanovska T.M. Sovremennaia pediatriia. 2010 ; 3 (31) : 13–17 (in Ukrainian).
4. Korytskyi H.I. Liky Ukrainy. 2012 ; 3-4 (1) : 4–7 (in Ukrainian).
5. Medvedovska N.V., Kulchytska N.O. Ukraina. Zdorovia natsii. 2008; 1 (5) : 58–61 (in Ukrainian).